Introducing Sunday Jazz Brunch
[caption id="attachment_17842" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="A perfect Sunday for couples and families"][/caption]
New Orleans, LA (June 14, 2013) – The search for an authentic jazz brunch is over – the Steamboat Natchez is pleased to introduce a mouth-watering brunch menu to its Sunday cruises.
The Sunday Jazz Cruise famous for its scenic tour of the Mississippi River and live traditional jazz by internationally renowned Duke Heitger’s Steamboat Stompers will now feature a classic New Orleans brunch menu of Red Velvet Hotcakes, , cheese grits, house-cured bacon and other favorites.
“Brunch is a staple in New Orleans life – a time to enjoy food, music, and refreshing beverages with friends and family,” said Joey La Bella, executive chef of the Steamboat Natchez. “It only makes sense that a venue as ‘naturally New Orleans’ as the Steamboat Natchez add this beloved dining tradition to its menu.”
In a city where Sunday mornings are a social time to relish in the merrymaking of the night prior, the Steamboat Natchez Sunday Jazz Brunch will welcome locals and visitors alike to pass a good time aboard the boat.
The Steamboat Natchez Sunday Jazz Brunch menu will include:
- Carved House Cured Ham : Smoked in-house over pecan wood, with a collard green pot liquor
- Applewood Smoked Bacon
- Frittata del Giorno: Chef’s brunch special of farm fresh eggs, cream, fontina cheese and garden vegetables with Chef’s Choice of breakfast meats
- Roasted Chicken Sauce Piquant: Tender chicken in a Cajun tomato sauce with fresh jalapenos
- Creole Creamed Spinach: Spinach braised with onions, cream cheese, Parmesan and feta Cheese
- Fruit Salad: Seasonal fresh fruit with honey, mint and house made limoncello
- Creole Shrimp and Pasta Salad: Shrimp, celery, onions and Creole seasoning in rosemary-thyme vinaigrette, topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cheese Grits: Traditionally milled corn grits with sweet cream butter and sharp cheddar cheese
- Yogurt Cups: European style yogurt with apple vanilla granola, slivered almonds, whole rolled oats, cinnamon and African vanilla
- Natchez Bread Pudding: A New Orleans soufflé of La Louisiane French bread, eggs, cream, vanilla and cinnamon with a Jim Beam® bourbon sauce
- Red Velvet Hot Cakes: A savory hot cake made with clove infused Steen’s cane syrup
English Muffins with jellies and preserves, Natchez Biscuits, Mini Croissants and assorted rolls
Guests ages 21 and older can add bottomless Mimosas, Natchez Jazz Punch and Bloody Marys with advance purchase of brunch ticket. Beverage package not available for cruise-only tickets nor purchases on board.
Sunday Jazz Brunch Cruises depart from the Steamboat Natchez dock (Toulouse Street and the Mississippi River) at 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Boarding begins 30 minutes prior. To purchase tickets or for more information, please call (504) 569-1401 or visit SteamboatNatchez.com/sunday-jazz-brunch-cruise.html